If you are interested in the content of this blog then join us on Facebook and follow Radio Free Cornwall.

30.7.12

Proud to be British?

Hope not hate are looking for your feedback again following the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games. You can send then you thoughts here: HOPE not hate | Proud to be British? 

Ty Gwyr Gweryn sent back the following. I hope it inspires others to comment.

Dear Nick, 

Many thanks for your latest email and I must certainly confess to supporting the concept of Hope not Hate. However, I have to do this from a position where my own identity is officially suppressed by lies and propaganda, by the Crown, and State, as to where I fit into the scheme of things.

I consider myself to be first and foremost a Cornishman. It is a historical identity, and nationality, that I have to constantly defend against those that arrogantly deny as existing, or ever existing. This is because of a clear case of collusion between past Monarchs and Dukes of Cornwall that have suppressed the true constitutional status of Cornwall as a Royal Duchy and by some illegal chicanery reduced the status of Cornwall to a de facto administrative English county. Whilst instituted in the past. it is a process, which can only be equated to a process of Cornish Genocide, that is being perpetrated today by the two people that are currently holding those constitutional positions and institutionalised by the actions of 'The State'. 

Am I proud to be British? NO! I am proud to be Cornish. 'British' is not a national identity, it is a citizenship of a multi-national State. An Imperial political construct that by its very nature seeks to undermine the indigenous nations of this Island. Its existing constitution is hegemonic and flawed and requires re-addressing to make it fair and equitable to all in an open and transparent way. Let me reinforce my position that I do not Hate, but the actions of 'the State' towards the Cornish people and nation, do not lead me to think of it kindly. 

There is a lot that I could say, but would serve no useful purpose, but there were a number of references that exposed the Anglocentric outpourings of the event to reflect more this Sceptred Isle than Britain. With regard to the Olympics as an event: I have every regard for sports people and athletes and what they can offer the world and I wish that everyone of the participants may achieve the best that they are able. All the hype I find quite disingenuous, but probably necessary. 

I wish you and Hope not Hate well, but there is a lot of ground to cover.

No comments: