If you are interested in the content of this blog then join us on Facebook and follow Radio Free Cornwall.

24.4.09

More establisment supported English Nationalism

The BBC and the Arts Council of England have paid for the following as a potential new English national anthem ( link here to original blog story ).

I am England, England is inside of me.
I am England, England is what I want her to be,
I am England, I am English, I am England to my core,
And wherever you may find me, you'll find England.
England Forever More!
England, my England, she never lets me down,
Hustle bustle, urban tussle, dancing through the crowds,
Or out in the country, a fresh place for me to breathe,
England my England is always home to me!
Fish and chips in paper, with mushy peas,
Balti chicken, naan bread and onion bhajis,
A cup of tea and toast, roast beef and Yorkshire pudding,
Tastes of our culture, tastes like England to me!
Swing low sweet chariot, God Save The Queen!
Land of hope and glory and of pleasant mountains green,
England's future, past and today live in our minds on St George's Day,
England, England, my country!


Apart from the execrable song itself don't forget it's Cornish tax payers that forked out for this as well! Can anybody envisage the BBC or ACE doing the same for Cornish culture?

No comments: