If you are interested in the content of this blog then join us on Facebook and follow Radio Free Cornwall.

8.7.07

Please take time to read this - It is all true

Please take the time to read this. It is true. Many of you know me quite well. Some of you will like me and some of you will not. Whatever, I am a Cornishman first and foremost and my land is Cornwall which I love so dearly.

Today I have received several telephone calls and am growing increasingly fearful. One stated it was from a friend (whom, I know not). I was told: 'Mike - you are going to be arrested. Look out for yourself.' Shortly afterwards and with my wife distraught, I received a further telephone call from a member of the Cornish Stannary Parliament and Cornish Branch of the Celtic League (I leave him un named other than to say it was NOT Jack Bolitho). He had already been arrested and his home searched much to the upset of his parents who suffer with cancer related illnesses. His 'Our Future is History' book (available in any high street bookshop) by John Angarrack was seized together with other general Stannary and Celtic League papers. He was questioned at length because he had dared to telephone Jamie Oliver's Restaurant and declare who he was and then ask some simple questions. Oliver has of course, been subject of some recent threats announced through the press. John Angarrack's book was introduced into evidence and reference made to the cover picture showing a dagger through Cornwall. He was questioned about every piece of paper, none of it being unlawful. My name and several others were mentioned. My name appeared on the Celtic League paperwork. After being fingerprinted and DNA sampled he was released from police custody on bail. Am I going to be next? I do not know. This is a fear I have to live with for being Cornish and being an 'activist' albeit one who only employs legal and lawful means. Even though I am a retired police officer, I now know for sure that we live in a police state. If any of you should be arrested, please be informed of the following advice:

SAY NOTHING - NOTHING - TO THE POLICE ON ARRIVAL AT THE POLICE STATION, DEMAND TO SEE A SOLICITOR AND SAY NOTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE SPOKEN WITH ONE. THIS IS YOUR FREE AND LEGAL RIGHT

This arrest and my fears follow on from press reports and the like in Cornwall which contained alleged threats against Jamie Oliver, Rick Stein and others. This is the price we bear for being Cornish in our own land. No one cares and the Campaign for Racial Equality do not recognise me. I am a member of many Cornish and Celtic Organisations and of CND. I do not condone violence of any sort. I should be obliged if you would circulate this statement, attach it to internet boards etc. Open speaking is the best policy in my opinion. That said, I do not wish to speak to the media about this at this time.

Mike Chappell

Secretary of the Cornish Branch of the Celtic League

(for our aims, objectives and methods - all peaceful and democratic - please see the Celtic League website)

1 comment:

Guthrum said...

Disturbing reading, but I am not surprised considering the last ten years loss of basic freedoms, and the current British,British,British noises coming from number 10. You should publicise these threats, and arrests it is only through shining a light on these practices that they will stop. I am English and a supporter of greater devolution to our Historic boundaries. I will link to your site